Gastroenterology strain | Antipathogenic activity
Inhibition of E. coli
In vitro studies
Mogna L. et al. Assessment of the in vitro inhibitory activity of specific probiotic bacteria against different Escherichia coli strains. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2012; 46 Suppl:S29-32.
Gastroenterology & Oral care blend | Halitosis
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus – LR06 (DSM 21981)
- Lactobacillus pentosus – LPS01 (DSM 21980)
- Lactobacillus plantarum – LP01 (LMG P-21021)
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. delbrueckii – LDD01 (DSM 22106)
DAILY DOSAGE IN CLINICAL STUDY
1,2) LR06 3 billion CFU + LPS01 3 billion CFU + LP01 3 billion CFU + LDD01 1 billion CFU 500 million CFU
3) 1.5 billion CFU per strain
Gastric barrier function • Improvement of the incidence and severity of bad breath (halitosis)
See section oral health
Human clinical trials
1) Del Piano M. et al. The Innovative Potential of Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR06, Lactobacillus pentosus LPS01, Lactobacillus plantarumLP01 and Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. delbrueckii LDD01 to Restore the Gastric
Barrier Effect” in Patients Chronically Treated with PPIs – a Pilot Study. J Clin Gastroenterol 2010;46:S18-S26.
2) Del Piano M. et al. Correlation Between Chronic Treatment With Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) and Bacterial Overgrowth in the Stomach – Any Possible Beneficial Role for Selected Lactobacilli? J Clin Gastroenterol
3) Del Piano M. et al. Correlation Between Specific Bacterial Groups in the Oral Cavity and the Severity of Halitosis: any Possible Beneficial Role for Selected Lactobacilli? J Gastroint Dig Syst, 2014; 4:197.
In vitro studies
a) Mogna L. et al. In Vitro Inhibition of Klebsiella pneumoniae by Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. delbrueckii LDD01 (DSM 22106): An Innovative Strategy to Possibly Counteract Such Infections in Humans? J Clin
Gastroenterol. 2016 Nov/Dec;50 Suppl 2, Proceedings from the 8th Probiotics, Prebiotics & New Foods for Microbiota and Human Health meeting held in Rome, Italy on September 13-15, 2015:S136-S139.
b) Mogna L. et al. Assessment of the in vitro inhibitory activity of specific probiotic bacteria against different